Give Sight App FAQs
Where is the app available?
Currently, the app is available only in the United States. We will be expanding so people can participate in curing blindness worldwide as soon as we can!
Which Fitness Apps Are Integrated With Apple Health Kit?
Which Fitness Apps Are Integrated With Google Fit?
How do I sync my fitness app with the Give Sight app?
The Give Sight app pulls data from either Apple Health or Google Fit (depending on if you are an iPhone or Android user).
First, be sure you are using an app that connects with either Apple Health or Google Fit.
- Go to Settings
- Tap Privacy
- Tap Health
- Tap the App you are wanting to connect. Note, if you do not see the app you are wanting to use here, then the app does not connect with Apple Health.
- Toggle the rows On/Off to “On” to enable sharing permissions.
- Tap on the app you want to connect.
- Tap on Settings
- Depending on the app there should be an option to tap on “Link other services” or “Apps & Devices”
- Tap on Link with Google Fit and make sure Google Fit is toggled ON for the fields you want to sync.
How do I use my Fitbit to sync calories to the Give Sight app?
The Give Sight app pulls data from either Apple Health or Google Fit (depending on if you are an iPhone or Android user). Unfortunately, Apple Health or Google Fit are not allowed permission to take data from the Fitbit app. The Give Sight team has found a way to work around this issue by downloading other free fitness apps that connect with both Fitbit and Apple Health/Google Fit.
Apple users can download one of the following apps to connect to both Fitbit and Apple Health:
How do my calories get converted to dollars?
We have a fundraising team who is reaching out to corporate sponsors.
Do my steps count?
Calories burned from your daily steps are not considered a workout. The purpose of participating is to intentionally workout, burn calories and donate them to Give Sight. The app does not sync these calories.
Check out your profile to see how many calories you’ve burned, dollars you’ve earned and eyes cured from your workouts.